Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Summer Lovin

I'm an awful blogger. It's been over a week now and I haven't finished talking about Jamaica and haven't blogged about anything else either. In case you can't tell, I'm not worried. I did post all of the Jamaica pics on facebook yesterday and you can go see them here if you wish.

Work is in full swing and we're getting our summer routine down. We're able to get a lot more time in at the pool this year because Walt is so much more independent. Last year we didn't take him at all and could only go when there was someone else to watch him. The girls have had some friends join the country club this year so they almost always have somebody to play with.

Bible school is this week and is going really well. I'm teaching second grade and all together there's about 20 kids that we split up into two groups so I've had around 10 all three nights. The theme is Boomerang Express, this Australian train thing. I was a little skeptical about it at first because it is definitely different from any of the themes we've had before but it's turned out pretty cute. I've been praying all week that the Lord would help me as I get worn down and unmotivated and every night when we the kids get there and we get started I'm always glad I'm there.

I'm starting to get as excited as the kids about going to the beach Saturday. A few months ago the Trueloves asked me if I would want to go on their family (Kurt's family, parents, brother and his family) beach trip. I don't turn down a trip to the beach even if there is some babysitting involved. I would be babysitting at home so why not babysit at the beach? Seven whole days of sun. Gotta love it. I know my dermatologist will in about 10 years.

Have a great rest of the week!

0 comments: