Monday, April 19, 2010

Would you Like Some Wine With that Chili?

Well since this is my journal and chronicle of my life, just because I'm behind on posting doesn't mean that the things I want to post about will be forgotten. I have a few posts planned out in my head and hopefully will get them all done this week and be caught up.

A few weekends ago my friend Lauren (see previous post!) and her boyfriend and dad entered a chili cook off at the winery in Harleton, Enoch's Stomp. I didn't have any plans and it was a beautiful day so Chelsea and I decided to head out there and give their chili our votes.


I had heard of the winery before but had never been. I was so glad we went! It was so nice!


You could see forever, which is uncommon around here. I always feel so surrounded by trees that I think the view was my favorite part.


The band

The winning chili cooks and helpers!

We ate chili, drank wine, and walked around and visited. It was such a great afternoon! If you ever need a little Saturday get away, check out the wineries website here for their lunch menu and event schedule.

0 comments: