Thursday, July 31, 2008

the rest of summer

As I started the transition into a new planner last night I realized that summer is slowly winding down. The Roth's are all out of town this week so I've had a slow paced week with only 3 kids instead of the normal 5. Yesterday we stayed in our pajamas and watched tv until about 3:00 when it was time to go to gymnastics and tomorrow we're planning on just playing around at the pool.

Next week I'll officially be 21! (Wed the 6th) Its funny because for years I've planned the night of my 21st birthday- tons of friends, dinner, the boats at midnight, huge plans!- well the last few weeks its hit me that my birthday is on a Wednesday meaning me and all of my friends will be working. Guess thats the down side to becoming an adult! My parents are throwing me a really nice party on the Saturday after my birthday with most of the people (and kids!) that are most important to me. I'm really looking forward to having everybody over to eat, swim and hang out.

So what else is planned for the rest of the summer? Well next Friday the whole crew (Caroline, Cate, Maggie, Henry and me!) are loading up and heading to that Splash Kingdom water park in Canton. I've never been there but the pics online look really nice and they seem to have a lot of kid friendly slides. Yesterday I showed the girls the website and Cate looked dreamily at the computer and said "if only we could go somewhere like that..." it was precious. I'm excited! The week after that my sister and I are escaping to Galveston for a few days as my 16th birthday present to her and in celebration of my 21st. The hotel has a really nice pool so I plan to do a lot of relaxing, shopping, eating, etc. We're staying two nights, definitely not long enough but must return to the real world and get ready to head back to school.

Hope this finds everyone well!

0 comments: