Monday, August 18, 2008

What a great last few weeks its been! I'm a whole year older and in one week will start my senior year of college. I can't believe how fast everything moves. I had a great birthday! It started out with my birthday doughnut from Caroline (no candles just a match stuck in the top!) That night I went to dinner and Sams Town with Jamie, Lacy, and Shelby. It was so great to catch up and laugh so much. I hate that it takes a special occasion for us to make time to get together. Jamie had been practicing her black jack skills and played for the first time and really did good. I won $85 on a quarter machine much to the jealousy of my cousin. Beginners luck I guess. Needless to say I didn't come home with all of that. The next Saturday my parents threw me the sweetest party. There was food, kids, and friends everywhere. We stayed up late swimming and visiting. I think a good time was had by all. Last Tuesday Lydia and I packed up and headed to Galveston. That night we went out to eat, walked on the beach, and watched the Olympics at the bar at Rainforest Cafe. I think the cookies and cream shake Ly ordered was the highlight of her trip. Wednesday we woke up to terribly wet day that put a damper on our downtown shopping plans. To try to wait out the rain we decided to take a tour of historic Bishops Palace. I was so surprised I got Ly to take part in such an activity considering turn of the century home tours isn't quite what a 16 year old thinks about on a beach vaca. The upstairs part of the tour was the best as the rain was pouring down outside along with the crashing thunder and creaky floors of the old house. Not to mention our guide was an older lady with a somewhat ghostly voice and appearance. The look on Ly's face was priceless! We left the house and made a run for the car as a were pounded by the heaviest rain of the day. We drove around downtown hoping to stumble on another indoor activity only to find the little streets were becoming completely flooded. After driving a few blocks I spotted a parking lot that appeared to be on higher ground and pulled in although I now realize that I probably could have made it back to the sea wall. After a little wait and a few calls to mom the rain let up and we decided to brave the drive back to the hotel which we made with no problem. After lunch the rain stopped and the sun came out and it became a beautiful day for a trip to Schliterbahn. After our afternoon of slides we took a small detour at the beach before getting dressed and heading out for a nice dinner. After the days activities we decided against Olympics at the bar and watched them from the comfort of our beds. We headed home Thursday all beached out.
I am currently enjoying my last day with my sweet summer kids. As of Wednesday everybody (including me!) will be back at Trinity and baby Walt will be getting ready to start "big boy school" aka Mothers Day Out. Updates on the first days of school coming soon! (Pics too!)

0 comments: