Wednesday, August 27, 2008

My Last First Day

Well its come and gone. My last first day of school (as a student anyway.) My packed days have returned- actually getting ready with hair fixed, class, work, exhaustion, etc. What keeps me going? The thought that in a matter of a few short months it will all be over and of course my amazing friends, roommates, and fellow soon to be teachers (the occasional glass of wine doesn't hurt either.) In remembrance of summer I have selected my favorite pics and posted them below.
Henry and Maggie in the midst of some sort of dress up venture. This is the picture of two true best friends who at the sweet age of 4 love each other beyond words

Sweet Walt. I love to walk into his room to get him out of bed and be greeted by this smile that shines all over.


Our family was blessed with 2 new additions-
My moms baby brother (older than me by 6 years) and his wife Melissa had baby Tessa (seen top with her mama) in May. In her few short months of life she has proven to be quite the drama queen and displays an attitude that quickly identifies her with her fathers side of the family.
Next my cousin and best childhood friend Shelby and Dale had their sweet baby Daisy(pictured above) in June. She looks just like her mom and is an absolute doll!

My parents threw me the sweetest birthday party complete with great friends and food. Above, Savannah intently watches the candles being lit in order to get a jump on the other kids to blow them out. This photo was taken just moments before she conveniently raked a finger through the icing on the side.

Absent pictures- Galveston trip, Splash Kingdom and other various trips and gatherings. Maybe later. This post has taken me all day on and off to complete.
Upcoming plans- bed for now, first day of all day interning tomorrow, meeting and babysit tomorrow night, visit from baby Tessa and family from Abilene this weekend, school, work, school, work, Kyle Bennett Band and ETBU next week (such an improvement in the entertainment factor of Marshall college life), more school and work. With inspiration from looking at Cari Johnson's blog I also hope to become more dedicated to this outlet of expression.

0 comments: