Thursday, January 13, 2011

The One Where I Fall On a Scarf

What a week! After a snow day Monday, I returned to work and had a sub so I could do some reading testing. If I said "I'm going to show you some words. I want you to read them out loud to me. If you don't know a word just do the best you can" once I said it 21 times.

Yesterday was Wednesday but it was our Monday in every way possible. We rolled along pretty well and I had some brownies that I had made for myself during the snow but had to get rid of so I had bagged them up for snack. I really try to avoid bribing my kids because I want them to do what is right because it's the right thing to do and because I say to do it but around 2:00 those brownies became my saving grace for the rest of the day. One thing the brownies were not able to save me from was sliding across the room on a child's size brown fleece scarf and ultimately ending up on the floor after pushing a group of four desks completely apart. I guess there are only so many times you can say "Pick your things up off of the floor because if I fall it will be bad news for you!" In the end it wasn't bad news for her and I got a lot of hugs and really nothing corrects your behavior like thinking you've killed your teacher.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Thanks for your offer to keep the kids! I will definitely take you up on that some time! How do you feel about over-nighters? Every once in a while I need someone for over-night babysitting. I enjoy reading your blog. You actually make me laugh out loud alot! Love the way you word stuff. Thanks for being a good friend and for loving my kids. I know they love you too!

Amycarry said...

It is indeed a wonderful http://www.faucetsmarket.com/bathroom-accessory-bathroom-mirrors-c-4_5.html for you to consider as your daily usage. You will love to enjoy the Kitchen faucet from then on. It will bring you an all new feeling. As can see that Antique brass faucet flow decentralizes or sprayed, just spin the button on the head.

abo-bder said...






شركة تنظيف بالجبيل
شركة مكافحة حشرات بالجبيل
شركة كشف تسربات المياه بالجبيل



abo-bder said...




شركة تنظيف شقق بالرياض
شركة جلى بلاط بالرياض
فنى سباك بالرياض
شركة تسليك مجارى بالرياض
شركة نقل اثاث بالرياض
شركة تنظيف موكيت بالرياض

شركة تركيب اثاث ايكيا بالرياض