Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Celebration!

I currently find myself rested up and recovered from the two day celebration that was Chelsea's 21st birthday. In the early minutes of Tuesday morning we approached the entrance of the Horseshoe for her first legal 21 event. I flashed my id and moved forward. The guard carefully checked his watch and wished her a happy birthday before we were off to the slots. At one point while we were sitting side by side at the nickel slots I spun some fancy little symbol that set off a a wheel at the top. The lights flashed and a voice loudly announced "INSTANT SPIN WINNER!!!" We both froze as the little ball bounced around the wheel above our heads. I ended up winning a few hundred credits which in terms of nickel slots is about $12. Needless to say I kept playing and lost it all. After a run through the Whataburger we were home in bed by about 2:15. Last night after a long day at work on little sleep, we loaded up and went to Cheddars with Samantha. We sat around a table at the bar and Chelsea ordered her celebratory birthday margarita and I ordered my "it was a tough day with the 3 year olds" margarita and along with our onion rings, chicken, and veggies we were in business. We got home around 9:00 and I don't know if it was the effects of the giant Texas swirl rita or the 10 hour work day on 5 hrs sleep but I was down for the count. My great nights sleep was much needed! I got up an hour before class today and went to the library and got some work done that I had let slip due to all of the birthday outings. The rest of the week is going to involve a lot more homework and a lot less partying. Friday the Trueloves will be headed to Hot Springs which will provide me the opportunity for some Cate, Maggie and Walt quality time. Lots of playing. Can't wait!

0 comments: