Sunday, October 12, 2008

Weekend Goodies

In an attempt to spice things up, I'm posting the story of my weekend through all the wonderful cuisine that it involved.

Pasta Salad- Friday night I attended the first installment of Jennifer's new "book club." She fixed a wonderful pasta salad with spinach, tomatoes, pine nuts, feta, and balsamic vinaigrette. I will get the recipe and post it on here in true Christina style. More importantly than the great dinner we had a great time visiting. Really hope we get together again.

Corn Dog- Saturday morning I woke early to accompany Erica to her first ever Fire Ant Festival parade. After the parade and 5 min of visiting the booths we headed over to the corn dog line and enjoyed a tasty festival favorite. Yum!

Shrimp- Saturday was also Mom's birthday. After giving up on Buffalo Wild Wings on the Boardwalk due to a crowd of LSU crazies we made our way to Red Lobster. When we see the Endless Shrimp commercials, Lydia and I can't get to the Lob fast enough. We hurriedly ordered our first selections and savored our salad and cheddar bay biscuits. Red Lobster- overall classic.

Gucci's- Marshall was blessed this weekend with a visit from the whole Trochta crew. After church today I was blessed to join them for lunch at Guccis. I honestly don't think I've ever had a Guccis meal that I didn't completely love. The lasagna, sausage, pizza, all wonderful! Sweet people and great food. I couldn't have been more prepared for my Sunday nap.

0 comments: