Monday, April 6, 2009

I've Missed You!

Woah is this blog looking pitiful! The end of student teaching is in sight and has kept me busy this past week. Not just the teaching part but trying to get a lot of friend time in as well. Chelsea cooked one night and I went out with Kristen and Traci one night too. We sat on the patio at JalapeƱo Tree and it was quite lovely. Thursday is usually a pretty big night for us around here as we consider it the beginning of the weekend even though we still have to trudge through Friday at school. We watched Slum dog Millionaire at Matt's and loved it!

Lydia had prom this weekend so Friday night and Saturday was filled with preparations for the big event. I don't have any pics on my computer but she was stunning. Other than the events surrounding that the weekend was pretty dull. Finished a book and napped some.

This evening I took the prom dress to Longview to be sold through a boutique Mom had made arrangements with. That took a whole two minutes so I stopped by the Knowledge Knook while I was in town. I had a $20 gift card and was able to get 2 packs of borders and some other bulletin board goodies. I got it all for about $0.43. Yay!

Jackson had a baseball game tonight and since the wind and cool was too much for Caroline and I we stayed home and watched Dancing with the Stars and got her down for bed. Their daddy brought Henry home shortly after and he and I read Horton on the couch together before I tucked him in as well. I love reading that book to him! When I get to the a person's a person part I pause and he says "no matter how small!" As I was laying him down he reminded me of a funny picture we saw in a random book last summer. As far as I know that picture has not been discussed since that day and I have not seen the book. I have no idea what brought it up but he does have a massive memory and imagination.

I have this week, next week and a few days of the next before student teaching is done! I can't believe it. My parents along with Chelsea's are in party planning mode and it's going to be a weekend full of celebration. I can't wait! It's hard to believe it's here.

0 comments: