Tuesday, April 21, 2009

This Might be Interesting

Hello All! Yes I am posting at 10:00 AM and no I'm not in school. I am off today in preparation of a certification test I take tomorrow. I've gotten a lot done this morning. Sadly studying for the test isn't on the list. I've taken two tests already and haven't studied but just a tad for each of them so I'm thinking I'll keep my streak alive. I've passed them both so I'm confident in this decision.

I've heard several two shocking things over the past few days which started to make me feel... humm how do I say it? Political maybe? I've noticed since I put my traffic counter up that more people are reading than I thought so maybe I can get some feedback with this one.



You know I love Slumdog Millionaire and you might have also seen the news story over the past few days concerning Rubina Ali's father attempting to sell her for $200,000. How sick and absurd! Apparently the dad hasn't seen any money from his daughters fame and performance and is trying to cash in on his share. Rubina still lives in the slums with her family and a trust fund has been created for her and the other children in the film for when they are older. Thinking on the flip side of the issue, one might say that it was wrong to involve these families from the slums who have never had anything in the global mania that is Slumdog Millionaire. I see their point. Hummm something to think about.



Weeks ago Dad mentioned to me that he saw on a message board where some guys were discussing a new song by Pat Green and were highly offended. I didn't know what he was talking about until this morning when I was driving and it came on the radio. I could get on google and find the lyrics I'm sure but I'll just say it goes something like I want to be a country star, I'm tired of playing these gigs that don't pay, I'm buying a ticket to Nashville blah blah blah. I was totally upset by this as who were the ones buying tickets and driving all over the state to support him in those gigs that didn't pay anything? Us. Me, my family and my friends. Would he be where he is today able to buy his ticket to Nashville without the fans like us that got him started back when he was singing Take Me Out to the Dancehall at the Athens rodeo and Louisiana State Fair? Absolutely not. See ya Pat. Best of luck from East Texas.

0 comments: