Saturday, April 18, 2009

Lovin It

It's a dreary weekend here in East Texas but I really don't have any complaints as I have nowhere to be and my only responsibility is to entertain and supervise children as they come and go from outings. We're just relaxin.

Last night Matt played at OS for the first time in a while. As he was playing, Chelsea and I sat together and sang along and discussed how just a mere two years ago he played outside, it was the perfect night and there was probably twice as many people there, all of which were our classmates and it was one of the best nights of our college years. Last night's crowd was not near as big and was a totally different group of folks. Crazy carefree college friends have given way fellow teachers who's nights typically don't go as late as they would have in years previous because we're in the real world now and things are different. Chelsea and I definitely didn't let our long week interfere with letting our hair down and bit though. As the weeks of college are becoming few, we're all about soaking it all in and we had a great time. It was a lovely night in downtown Marshall.

As I mentioned, today I'm just keeping the kids. Marcy and Jennifer took all kids except Jackson and Walt to the movies. Walt has played choo choo's and is now resting. He's talking so much. I called him down from upstairs earlier and after a few times of calling his name with no response I hear in a very frustrated voice, "MeeMee I tomin!" It was precious! The other kids will join as later as the mamas have other obligations and I'm sure there will be a lot more laying around watching it rain.

0 comments: