Thursday, September 4, 2008

In Memory....

So I'm blogging in the wee hours of the morning hoping to go back to sleep when I'm done. I was awaken earlier by my cell phone which isn't completely unheard of for 2:44 am but when I realized it was my sister calling I thought it was strange. I answered to find her tearfully telling me that her cat Precious had been attacked by the neighbors dogs. Her and Mom rushed her to the animal ER in Longview where they unsuccessfully tried to save her.
I'll have to admit that in my time at home I have provided many the negative comment about the dear cat as she found it necessary to sharpen her claws on my box spring or dump over a whole plastic cart full of clothes and jewelry. I actually looked through my entire computer picture collection and was unable to find a picture to post. All of that becomes irrelevant now as I hear my sister so heartbroken. My sadness for her is accompanied by anger and lack of understanding at our over the top white trash neighbors for finding it necessary to harbor such a beast. They have had at least one of these dogs for as far back as I can remember and have recently added a second. The same neighbors allow their elementary aged son to ride a dirt bike down the middle of our busy street just a few years after seeing their good friend critically injured in a three wheeler accident at the end of our driveway. Child neglect is for another post. My late night web surfing on the issue revealed that by law my parents reserve the rights to shoot the dogs if they come back and the neighbors are also responsible for the costs of her medical attention. All of that will be great but it won't bring Precious back and I'm not sure anything short of being able to personally torture them will make Lydia feel any better. After loosing two of her previous cats to car accidents, I can't imagine how sad she is. If you see her around definitely give her some love.... In memory of Precious.

0 comments: