Monday, September 1, 2008

Bring it on!

As I sit and watch Geraldo Rivera's dramatic play by play of the hurricane I thought it was the perfect time to blog a bit. All the preparations for the storm remind me of my freshman year at ETBU when Rita came and brought a day of rain to Marshall. We had a dorm meeting complete with instructions on how to properly tape windows to prevent shattering and where to gather if the weather became too severe for poor old Merle Bruce Hall to handle. The day turned out to be one of the most memorable days of that semester. We woke to no cable tv and found ourselves playing phase 10, listening to the football game on the radio and later watching The Notebook before the weather cleared up and we headed out for the night. It was so much fun to just spend time together. I think deep down none of us would mind being rained in for a day.
I was so relieved leaving class earlier after Kristen, Kelli, Traci and I have the topics and schedule for our the unit we're writing all lined out which means we can start getting activities together. I was frustrated last week that there seemed to be so much work ahead of me but no way to start it. With everything is perspective now I feel much better about the whole situation. Maybe by the end of this project Kristen and I will get Kelli and Traci on here blogging their blessings and frustrations out for the whole world to enjoy!

1 comments:

Kristen said...

Haha! I would love to see both Kelli and Traci on here blogging! HEHE! I am so excited about getting the unit done too! Off to work on it now!

Kristen