Thursday, September 4, 2008

Such a full life

Ok before I get too far into this I want everyone to know that it is by pure coincidence that I write 2 blogs in 24 hrs in which a person or animal has died. I wanted to share this little message though. The owner of the company my dad works for passed away earlier this week. All I really knew about him was that he owned the company, it was successful and my dad has really enjoyed working there. Today both of my parents mentioned to me that I should read Mr. Lewis' obituary online that it was very interesting and that he wrote it himself. As I read I began thinking that I don't know that I have ever seen somebody with such experience in such a variety of things. My own grandparents are/were pretty well rounded and I am always encouraged by stories of their accomplishments but Mr. Lewis' story was very unique. Here's the link. Reading it should encourage everyone to live life to the fullest!

Ok so now for my day. After being awake for quite a while longer after I posted on here, I finally made it back to sleep only be woken at 6:30 to Ice Ice Baby blaring from my cell phone alarm. I hit snooze about 3 times, falling back into a dead sleep between each one, and finally getting up a little before 7. I got dressed, fixed my wild hair, threw on some makeup gathered my school things and breakfast and headed out to intern. I had contemplated driving myself instead of riding in the car pool group giving myself the opportunity to slip out after lunch to catch a few zzzz's before my 3:00 meeting. As we rushed to the car I decided to suck it up and ride with the girls which meant no way home until 2:30. The day went fast as we got ready for Grandparents Day celebrations and I had 2 time logs to write to keep me occupied. 2:30 came rather quickly and after making it through my meeting headed up to the room to change and go babysit the newest Miss LeeAnn kid. Lindsay Christmas is taking an evening class and has enlisted me to keep Conner every Tues and Thurs. We had the best time playing. We read some books, played in his car, and I laid on the floor and relaxed a bit while he played. Such as sweet baby. He's definitely a keeper. After grabbing a some dinner from the caff I headed to the room and lounged with the roomies for a while before coming out to the steps to take in this cooler night air and blog this little ditty. As for now I'm off to a relaxing bath, a glass of chocolate milk and my oh so snuggly bed. I look so very forward to a weekend that holds only relaxation!

0 comments: