Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Bring on the Break

It's funny how I can escape out to my parents house and not open my computer once and never think once about it but when I'm in town I become extremely irritated over our poor internet service as if I can't live without it. That's been pretty much the scene for this Thanksgiving break so far. I've checked my email once but had to catch up on the blogs this morning as I lounged around at the Trueloves waiting for all three messy haired stinky breath children to make their way up to the den for snuggles and breakfast. I should have known that the break wouldn't be all sitting at the house in Elysian Fields and that I would have to work a little bit. The break so far has been glorious! Friday I made the 20 minute journey out to my parents house with a huge load of dirty clothes and the paperback copy of Twilight (I know I'm a little behind.) I enjoyed the quiet of being home alone and got a little nap before my family came in. After dinner we sat around the fire fit behind my dad's shop and visited until Mom and I got a little too chilly and opted to relax in the living room instead. Saturday morning I woke I hear that Doug had shot a deer and was fixing to be at the shop to clean it. I put on my boots and took coffee down to the busy deer processors and sat on the stool and visited while they worked. When Doug was off to the meat market to deliver his venison to be made into yummy smoked sausage, Mom, Dad and I were off to Lowes to get the supplies needed to finish off the bathroom remodel project that began a couple of weeks ago when Dad's two year temporary fix to a plumbing issue finally gave out. We picked out a new mirror, towel racks, etc. and it should all be installed and complete by tomorrow. Sunday was a great church day followed by an afternoon of napping and continued reading on Twilight. Monday I slept in and read the morning away before deciding I couldn't take another day in the house when this season of holidays allows for so much shopping. I showered and got dressed and was out the door to Shreveport. As I've explained to Mom, I think I would almost rather have an afternoon of shopping alone than a massage. It's pure relaxation. I meandered around World Market, did some hardcore purchasing in Target and got a few much needed things at the Hallmark Store. Overall it was very successful and I returned relaxed and care free. Today I'm in my pajamas still as I was up before dawn to drive to Jefferson. I planned on going back to sleep before the kids got up but it didn't happen. The girls are watching cartoons and when I finish this I'm going to go down the hall and listen at Walt's door for chatter indicating that he might be awake. We've got a pretty low key day planned and will probably only play outside and finish decorating the Christmas tree. I'll stop by the grocery store for Mom before going back home tonight to finish my book and do some more relaxing. I pray that you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

0 comments: