Thursday, November 20, 2008

A Day So Full

Although my days are typically jam packed, it's been a while since I've had one quite this crazy busy. My alarm went off this morning around 6:40 and since I showered last night I hit the snooze a few times before I hit the off button with the intention of getting right up. About 20 minutes later I woke from a dead sleep in which I was dreaming I was picking out an outfit, and panicked. I rushed around and got out the door in a fairly reasonable time and made it to Sam Houston right as the bell rang. Rushing down the hall to my classroom took me back a little to the days of running down the hall in jr. high in order not to get a tardy. I fought the urge all day to leave early and powered through until 2:30. I grabbed a diet cherry coke from sonic (I'm working on it Christina I promise. I'm going home for Thanksgiving and Mom doesn't buy them so maybe that will do it) and then stopped by the preschool to retrieve my very generous Friends of Trinity Christmas bonus gift and took that puppy right to the bank. When I got home I decided the fore go the nap I so desperately longed for and worked on some homework while visiting with Randi and Chelsea who lounged carelessly in the living room. As usual time got away from me and before I knew it it was time to run off to Jefferson to keep my Truelove darlings. I rushed around (looking back on it, I'm not sure why we were in such a hurry...) and eventually got everybody something they wanted to eat between Walt's pitiful cries for Jennifer. I finally gave in and went on a mad search for a Thomas the train DVD in an attempt to hush him. Thank you Thomas for the quietness you afforded me tonight. After a fun giggly bubble laden bath of kiddos and some cookies from grandma we all gathered in the girls room for some play time. The kids played and I collapsed on the bed. I never went to sleep but pretended to in order to see Walt's reaction. When he noticed that I was "asleep" he stood in the middle of the room pointing at me and looking at the girls saying in a very concerned tone "MeMe night night, MeMe night night!"(MeMe is my new Walt given name by the way) It was priceless. Jenn and Kurt came home shortly and after a few slobbery snotty night night kisses, MeMe was on the road headed home to the list of assignments and chores that awaited before the beginning of the break of Thanksgiving. I have planned all week on possibly pulling an all nighter tonight. I'm pretty much finished with the results of my first of two themes for my action research paper and once I knock out the second and do a little cleaning up for room check and packing for my week in Elysian Fields, I'll be off to bed.
I'll always have busy days but the reality that this college kind of busy is drawing to an end is hitting me hard this week. It seems that everybody is starting to think about our time in school and it seems that we're definitely sharing memories and thoughts this week. I'll have a few take home finals to do when we get back before the end of the semester but for the most part this is pretty much my last hoo rah of homework, friends, and coffee filled nights. We'll still be college students next semester but without the demanding course loads and day to day classes. The change is bitter sweet. Ok maybe more like semi-dark chocolate sweet.

0 comments: