Sunday, November 9, 2008

Looking Forward

Another weekend is coming to an end and our little corner of the world rests in peaceful silence for the night. Chelsea has been working on complicated paper about the media's role in WWII and is at her honeys house spending some time. Randi hasn't felt well today so is hopefully sleeping off her ailments and will wake refreshed. Samantha has driven home a few times this weekend and has gone to bed earlier than I've known her to in a while. Now for me. I spend the whole day yesterday in Tyler with Mom. I had to take a certification test in the afternoon so we went over in time for that and she shopped while I tested. She picked me up and we went to eat and did a little more shopping. At Bath and Body Works I purchased my annual Christmas season shower gel and lotion. Twisted Peppermint was the selected fragrance. We've learned in our education and cognitive development classes that peppermint stimulates the brain. We'll see. I was beat after the drive home so I curled up early and watched the first few episodes of the 6th and final season of Sex and the City. The 6th season is long and broke into two parts so I still have a ways to go but I'm starting to think about how I'll miss it when its over. That sounds pathetic. I'll stop with that now. Anyway, after Sunday School today I went home to my parents house. They didn't make it to church this morning as they were home dealing with the aftermath of a flooded house due to the faucet in mine and Lydia's bathroom breaking off in the wall yesterday. I think Mom found some kind of guilty joy in getting the phone call from Dad telling her what had happened. The faucet has broken before and much to Mom's protest has been temporarily fixed for the last several years. I think it secretly made her day that Dad was the one who had to clean up the mess after she's told him over and over that the faucet needed to be fixed for good. Anyway, we lounged around and watched tv for most of the afternoon until I had to come back to town to finish my unit project. That's right. Our big unit project is due tomorrow and we finished tonight. We are very proud and plan to go out to dinner in celebration sometime this week. The end of the semester is in plain sight and I couldn't be more excited. I have a pretty big paper to finish up so after a few nights off this week to regroup from the unit I plan to get going on that and knock it out before coasting across the finish line and into the holidays. Chelsea and I continue to look for a house for next semester. We have a lead that I'll be looking into this week but some lingering questions on the safety of the neighborHOOD, if you catch what I mean, might shut that door on that one. If all fails we'll fall back to campus living but for now really long for the independence of our own place for our student teaching semester. It will be interesting to see what pans out. What exciting weeks await!

0 comments: