Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Girlfriends and Mexican Food

There is big news tonight for those of you following my progress in watching the entire series of Sex and the City. I completed it just a few minutes ago curled up in my bed just the way it all began. As the last episode ended I began to think of a very similar scene right here in Marshall. Kristen, Traci, Kelli and I went out for dinner tonight in celebration of finishing our unit. It was one of those times when nobody is in a rush and you just sit and stay together long after the bill has been paid. Just like Cari, Miranda, Samantha and Charlotte, we're all in different stages of life with different issues and concerns. Kristen is married and trying to work out her schedule to finish school and move on with her life. Kelli is in a relationship and is unsure of where she'll be when adulthood hits following graduation in May. Traci has just finished an incredible college volleyball career and is on the verge of a new and exciting relationship while she tries to decide if she will follow her own dreams or the plans her family has for her. And you know me. I constantly juggle work, school, friends and family with a boy entering the picture on occasion. As always we shared stories and concerns about life, teaching, roommates, boys, and of course laughed a lot and ate. We took the long way home as we looked at a couple of perspective houses for Chelsea and I next semester and I eventually dropped everyone off and we all returned back to the normal life as we know it. It's hard to picture what life will look like in a year, but I can guarantee that whatever is in store we won't be able to face it without the help of our girlfriends!

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Oh my gosh! AMEN!! How much I love having my girlfriends!!! I couldn't have made it through this semester if it hadn't been for all of yall!! Thanks for being an amazing friend. . . and seriously we really should think about all getting together and writing a soap opera!

Lauren said...

I want to be a part of your soap opera, if even for a minor character lol.... Its crazy to think we are almost done, and this will be one of our only real ways of staying in touch. Its crazy!
Love ya!