Friday, November 14, 2008

Office Duty

Here on this beautiful fall day, I find myself no place else but closely monitoring the office at the preschool. This isn't a big deal really. I greet parents who come in and make sure no creepers are roaming around. Knock on wood it's been quiet with no real need for me to even leave the desk except to fill my tea glass. What a lovely way to end the week as I say good bye to my sweeties as they bound off into the evening sun shine for their weekend adventures.
I have no real adventures of my own planned. Tonight Lydia and I are going out to dinner and tomorrow I will probably spend the day in the library piecing together various pieces of my research project. That is assuming I find the little notebook that contains ALL of my observations on which the paper is based. Oops. If the original observations are not located I will turn myself to bs mode and simply make some up. I have a pretty good memory and I can recreate them right? I would like to believe as much. Tomorrow night I plan to babysit the Roth offspring. God has provided an abundance of babysitting jobs this week and with sincere gratitude I put a little bit of money into my savings account this morning. I didn't know the account number nor could I locate an old receipt to get it off of. That tells you a little bit about how often I deposit.
The house search continues for Chelsea and I. I had a lead yesterday that Traci and I went and checked out because Chelsea was on the road to Houston. It was an older home that has been remodeled into what I think was 4 units. The current owners are doing yet more remodeling and although it's hard to picture the finished project I think it's going to turn into a really cute place. The downfalls include the lack of central heat and cool and the sharing of a back yard, car port, driveway and street parking space with 3 other individuals, families, or dirty old men. Not to mention that Dad wasn't impressed with the location. When he's forking over the dough, gotta play by his rules. Later in Wal Mart I ran into the lady who owns the house I mentioned in a previous post that served as a location concern as well. She told me more about it and it definitely deserves a tour. I've driven by several times and am beginning to feel more comfortable with the street and definitely want to check out the house when it's ready to show. Overall though I have faith that something will come along.
Parents are arriving by the herd and shipping the little ones out of here. It is a glorious sight I promise.

1 comments:

Lauren said...

Glad I could satisfy your length quota : )