Monday, May 18, 2009

5 Minute Post

I'm determined to make this quick because my class is playing in centers and I should be doing other things.

This weekend was fun and restful. I started Friday off running errands around town with Maggie. We made a few stops, including Bare Necessities, the consignment shop downtown. I found some darling sandals that are originally quite pricey that looked brand new for about half of the retail price. I was pretty pumped. I made an appearance at Field Day at Sam Houston and then headed to the country club. It was so nice to visit and swim and soak up the sun.

I kept our pastors kids over night Friday and stayed with them until late Saturday night. We swam a lot, watched a few movies and a lot of Gilmore Girls on DVD and napped quite a bit too. It was nice and relaxing.

My cousin graduated from LSU Shreveport yesterday so after church we were off to the graduation. The speaker was the developer who created The Board Walk and some other areas of Shreveport/Bossier. Of course he said the regular graduation stuff but more than once said that whatever you end up doing with your life, it will be meaningless without a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. It's so cool to see a business man with such success give God all the glory. To continue the graduation celebration we all met at Sho Guns for dinner. It was nice to spend time with family and you know I love love love Sho Guns.

Today I'm subbing at Trinity for the last day. Sweet Maggie broke her arm over the weekend so that has been the topic of conversation for the day and of course shes in need of a little extra Miss Lee Ann attention today. They think she will only have her cast for a few weeks which is great because we're going to Gulf Shores and a cast would definitely interfere. Speaking of beach, two weeks from today at this very time I'll be jetting off to Jamaica with Mom and Lydia. We're getting way excited and are still trying to decide what trips away from the hotel we want to take. Can't wait!

Oh and yeah I know it's Monday and sorry this isn't a Not Me! post. Maybe later if I come up with some confessions worth sharing. Have a great Monday!

1 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Its good to know I'm not the only one who blogs at school. Glad we can keep up through the blogosphere. :)