Friday, May 1, 2009

Where I Live

Today Kelly at Kelly's Korner is having Show Us Where You Live Friday- the kitchen edition. Although I haven't looked at any one elses posts, I think that if there was an award for the smallest kitchen I might possibly have a shot. Just saying it's a slight possibility.


For those of you not up to speed on my current living situation, I live in the guest house of a great friend. It's refered to as the guest house, the back house, the cottage, the smallest house ever, among other things. This is my kitchen.

This is the view from the hall way. That is my tiny sink and that is the hot plate that when I use when I do cook something that requires more than the microwave.



This is my very cute and practicle note and picture hanger from Southern Living. There is another piece just like this that typically would hang at the bottom of this one but for the sake of space that piece is on the opposite wall. I'm constantly changing out the pictures and putting notes and cards on there. I love it. You'll also notice my stack of papers and pen cup. The top of the microwave is central command for the cottage. All of my important papers end up there.

This is my little dry goods rack. In the past it has been more organized than it currently is but this is about being open and honest right? You'll notice I like pasta a lot. Lucky for me pasta is very easy to prepare with a hot plate. There's just other snacks up there, granola bars, wheat thins, water,Diet Coke, etc.



Now in true Cribs fashion I had to get a shot of inside of the fridge. You'll notice mostly breakfast foods. This is simply because that is the only meal that I regularly eat at home and do not go out for. Bacon and scrambeled eggs with cheese is my favorite breakfast but when I'm pressed for time I go with the standard sausage biscuit. There's also some fruit and juice in there and of course sauce for my pasta.


There you have it. The grand tour. Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

Tara G. said...

Oh, feeling for you on the tiny dorm fridge. Been there, done that!

Todd and Courtney said...

Its so cute! I used to live in a little 400 square foot apartment in a high rise building downtown Atlanta & my kitchen was just like yours :)

beckylbranch said...

LOL! I love that you showed the inside of your fridge...that is "true" cribs fashion!

Sue said...

It may be small, but it is sweet and has your personal stamp on it!
Blessings~LillySue

P.S. Click the "LillySue" link at Kelly's and come visit my kitchen!

Ashley said...

It is your home and I LOVE it!! Thank you for opening up your home.
-Ash-

Pam Bowers said...

When I was in my early 20's I would have died for my own kitchen no matter how small. I lived with my mom (as a room mate) till I was 28 which is when I married. I love your kitchen...it smells of freedom!