Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Pomp and Circumstance

As we sat in the sanctuary at Trinity this morning I was overcome by the complete cuteness of the 4 year old class as they graduated from preschool. I was so proud because I have had most of them in my afternoon class at some time or another but there are those few who I've kept at home, fed, read to, snuggled with and tucked into bed. They are so grown up. So fun and creative.


As their teachers called their names individually they each walked to the microphone and said what they wanted to be when they grew up. Maggie aspired to be a vet while Henry had decided on police officer. Annabelle's response that she wanted to be a mommy moved some to tears. It was such a fun and special time. We all held back tears as they sang "I am a Promise" to close the program.


Walt watching Maggie walk by

Maggie, Henry and their class

Ada and her class

Henry

Maggie


In continuing with the theme of growing, changing and moving to bigger things, I got to work at the preschool after the graduation and found a huge surprise lunch and gift in my honor for graduation and ending my time at Trinity. Of course we had a ton of food...

Graduation hat cookies
Some of everything else

The biggest surprise was the wonderfully thoughtful gifts that everyone got together and got for me.
They put together this beautiful basket of more goodies than I could name here and a very generous gift card to the teacher supply store as well as a huge stack of carpet squares for my kids to sit on in my classroom. I was overwhelmed by their thoughtfulness. Tomorrow is my official last day and I'm sure it will be a bit emotional but I'll know that my friends will still be my friends, we'll just be working in different places. Thanks so much guys! I love you!

0 comments: