Monday, May 4, 2009

Not Me! Monday

It's a glorious day! Not me! Monday is back! Time to air the dirty laundry for all to see.

Last week when the first grade class I did my student teaching in went on a field trip to the skating rink, I certainly did not leave the school ahead of the bus, stop of at Target and arrive at the field trip location nearly an hour late. I would have been more responsible than that and keep up with the school bus and actually been a part of the trip.

On Thursday when I was keeping Conner while Lynsey cleaned out the garage and we went to Wal Mart, I did not encourage him to say "I know I'm cute!" after several fellow shoppers commented on his absolute adorableness. Me teaching a toddler such a conceded response and defy all the manners he's been taught thus far would have been out of line and I wouldn't do it.

This weekend when I graduated from college I did not make the comment to the people sitting around me that I was totally ok with not graduating with honors because Dr. S looked completely seductive and got extremely too close as he was placing the medallion around your neck. Dr. S does a lot for the school and I would never accuse him of being a weird creeper.

In conjunction with this comment, I did not remind my friends of the philosophy I held during our early semesters in school that if I did have such a philosophy would go something like "It may pay to get A's but C's get degrees." Through college I did all of my homework, went to every class and most definitely did not stay out too late at night causing such a philosophy to be acceptable.

There you have it. My confessions. Your turn! Check out McMama's site to find out how!

0 comments: