Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Does that include an Advil?

What a headache of a day it's been! Chelsea and I are still in the very midst of the house hunt. Yesterday we looked at a house on Shirley St. that we loved. It's yellow and cute in the perfect neighborhood (just 4 down from Christina!) This morning we checked it over again, met with the owner and the only thing keeping us from writing a check was him wanting to only do a year long lease. I understand this is pretty standard and I don't want to sound as if I have little faith that God is going to provide, it's just a big step. 6 months- I can do. We left there and called the owner of another prospective property and set up an appointment to meet at the house at 12:00. At 12:40 when she had yet to arrive we left and went on about our day. I heard from her at 4:00 to learn that she had forgotten our appointment. We'll try again tomorrow with her. After a long day of debate and discussion, we've decided on a few propositions to present to the Shirley St. house guy and see if we can make a deal tomorrow.
The figurative headache of the rental property market has created a very literal one that is pounding away as I sit in the library. There is a lot I should be working on but I finished the lesson plan I needed for tomorrow and for now that's all I can will myself to do. Getting down here was a chore in itself. I've watched at least 3 episodes of Reba, eaten 1 large bowel of spaghetti, and sent more text messages than I can count in the hours between work and homework. The dreary weather seems to be directing my thoughts toward a possible movie rental and early bed time. Oh, and an Advil.

1 comments:

Christina said...

Oh, I hope it works out that y'all can move by us! Let me know how it goes.