Monday, December 22, 2008

The Simple Woman's Daybook


For today, Monday, December 22, 2008



Outside my window...It's cold! I personally haven't been out but it's that kind of cold that you can just look out and see.


I am thinking... that this little break of mine is getting shorter by the day. I wish it would just sloooooooow down a bit.



I am thankful for...Marcy and Brendan opening up their guest house to me. We spent part of the afternoon yesterday moving boxes of family mementos up the narrow windy stair case to the upstairs bedroom for storage to open up the bottom floor for me. I'm excited to finally have some space that's all my own, (even if Henry wants a sleepover or two) and be a little part of their family out in the back yard for a few months.


From my kitchen...nothing yet but I'm getting hungry! Mom is doing Christmas baking on Tuesday. We went out of town this weekend so shes running a little behind on the Christmas goodies. I might round up something today.


I am wearing...the same maroon long sleeve tee from last week, it's my favorite, and some blue pajama pants with showmen who are wearing bright colored sweaters, hats and scarves, riding on sleds. This will probably be what I will be wearing if you were to ask around 3:00 this afternoon as well.


I am creating...a student teaching wardrobe. This weekends shopping helped a lot! The Parks in Arlington has a huge Forever 21 and if I hadn't been so rushed by the family I could have stayed for hours. I got several tops and a pair of pants.Still looking for shoes. Will get on that after the holiday I guess.

I am going...to keep Cass, Ada and Conner all together tonight. I haven't seen Conner in about three weeks and am so excited. It should be a good time.


I am reading...still nothing. I've really just needed a break. Don't judge.


I am hoping... that everyone has a lot of fantastic fun on our trip to Abilene this weekend. Christmas with that side of the family is going to indeed turn out better than expected.


I am hearing... Alvin and the Chipmunks. Such a sweet movie. "Dave,how do you feel about an indoor pool?" "Toaster waffles!" Love it!


Around the house...Mom cleaned a lot yesterday! Everything is tidy for Christmas.


One of my favorite things... Christmas snacks. Cookies, Chex mix, sausage balls, fudge, etc. Yummy!


A few plans for the rest of the week... a little bit of shopping tomorrow, Christmas festivities, Abilene on Saturday. Can't wait!


Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...

A wine bottle Christmas tree at the Gaylord this weekend. So cool.

1 comments:

Aubrey said...

Thanks for sharing your Daybook. Merry Christmas from Nebraska! :)