Monday, December 8, 2008

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For today, Monday, December 8, 2008

Outside my window...sun is shining on a cool crisp December morning in Marshall.

I am thinking... of my plan of action for the day. I need a pumpkin pie by 11:00. I guess I'll just run in Wal Mart. I've taken a shot to my domestic pride. I'm not a store bought pie kind of gal and if I do buy my sweet treat I want it to be in a little white box suited with a label from a little down town cafe. I'll make it up to them.

I am going...to help the preschoolers practice for their Christmas program. I usually go to all of the programs but the Christmas one always falls during finals week were I have a little bit of free time in the mornings making me ever so available.

I am thankful for... Christmas break! Although I'll still be working for another week, there will be no school! The month holds so many fun adventures.

One of my favorite things...getting up in time to relax a bit. I'm a snooze hitter like no other and to actually turn off the alarm and have some time before actually having to get ready is very nice. I tend to actually run late on the days that I get up early. Go figure.

I am reading...nothing until I go home on Wednesday. Then it's back on the road with the Twilight saga.

Around the house...is not as clean as it was last week. I have to pack my entire room up by Wednesday. Maybe I can find some friends to save the day. Hint hint....

From the kitchen...nothing of mine. Definitely not a pumpkin pie.

I am wearing... my favorite new Christmas plaid pj pants with a Marshall Mavs tee

I am hearing... absolute silence for what will quite possibly be the only time today.

A few plans for the rest of the week...work, Christmas program, finish finals, move out. Too boring for details

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you... the finished Christmas tree that Mom, Lydia and I created. The best one yet in my opinion. I wish the pic had turned out clearer.

Click here for more Daybook fun!

0 comments: