Tuesday, December 9, 2008

My Last Night

So just now as I pulled into the library parking lot and took my place it hit me very hard that this is my last night at school. Of course memories began to flood my mind and a few tears began to flow. It's been that kind of week really. It started on Monday when I worked the Christmas program practice with my class. I had just gone through the motions consoling the worried and disciplining the out of control when I looked up and the 4 year old class, my kids from last year that includes Maggie, Henry, Annabelle and Ada, were singing in their sweetest angelic voices "Thank you God for all the gifts you give us. Thank you God for all the gifts, you give us." I lost it. I felt a little silly and tried to move on and stay busy but the scene played over and over in my head for the rest of the day. After next week my class won't be my class anymore until I come back for a few weeks in May. The preschool has been huge in my life for three and a half years and even three day weekends are hard for me. This is going to be an adjustment.

As for my last night at school, I couldn't have spent it better. The big finale of the Christmas program was tonight. It was beautiful. As the opening remarks were given I looked around and saw Chelsea and Matt slipping in on the back row. How can I stay upset with her? I'm getting much better. We've had some good times over the past few days. After it was over and I came in from the cold, I watched a few episodes of The Office on the couch with Chelsea while I finished up all of the assignments that are due tomorrow in order for me to check out and be done. As I worked and IMed Cort on Facebook, we decided to go look at Christmas lights. That's kind of our thing I guess you could say. We drove around for a while before I decided that I needed to go to Wal-Mart and get a new laundry hamper to aid in the packing up of my room. I have a ton of dirty clothes and am becoming increasingly bothered by the week at having to carry all of my laundry down the stairs and out to the car in about 3 super heavy baskets, bags or hampers. I found a huge hamper with a lid on wheels! Let's just say I think it will be worth the money. On my way home I stopped off at the library to see Traci and decided to stay and blog on the faster computer. I have the finishing touches to put on my research paper, I have packing and cleaning still and must get a little rest before my test at 8:00 in the morning although I know it won't be much. I thought about doing some kind of Top 10 memory thing but there are too many to list and some that although they are classic college memories I'm too ashamed in my now adulthood to post them here. Ok no more sadness. I'm not even graduating yet. This isn't the time. Good night! My last night!

1 comments:

Lauren said...

aww LeeAnn! You freaking make me want to cry! It has been a good, LONG and crazy, but good semester for us all I would say. I know we have especially grown closer within our block, and i hate to have to see that part of it end!

Have a beautiful Christmas, and you stay in touch, especially on here :)