Monday, December 15, 2008

Simple Womans Daybook




For today, Monday, December 15, 2008



Outside my window... An empty playground sits under a grey sky encompassed by near freezing temps



I am thinking...what am I going to do while the kids sleep today? I should probably put on my makeup and plan something for them to make/do this afternoon.



I am thankful for...the pay checks I deposited today. Some in savings and some in checking. It's a good feeling to be financially secure.



From my kitchen...nothing today. Dinner tonight will be take out or every man for himself as everyone will be doing their own thing.



I am wearing...jeans, a maroon long sleeve tee with a black puffy vest, my new gold and black necklace and some slip on Ugg knock offs.



I am creating...crafts for my class for the week. Apparently we're not going to have much outside time so it will be my job to keep everyone busy and in line.



I am going...to see the Rockettes tonight with Mom.



I am reading...haven't started anything. I echo Christina. My brain is just tired.



I am hoping...that Christmas with my mom's side of the fam turns out better than I expect. It's the second Christmas without my grandma and it will be the first that my uncle and aunt in Abilene hasn't been here. I understand that they feel the need to begin their own traditions with their baby in their new home but I selfishly want them here. My other aunt is having a knee replacement so I don't even know what their status is going to be. Overall it's just much different from the Christmas' of my childhood.



I am hearing...silent sleeping children and the heater blowing in warm air to keep them toasty warm until they wake.



Around the house...the cat is probably destroying everything. I didn't take the time to lock him up. I really don't like that cat.



One of my favorite things...Christmas. I'm sure you could tell. I love the parties and special events but most importantly I love love love to talk about Christs birth with kids. It's the sweetest joy.



A few plans for the rest of the week... work and work parties, shopping with Dad, Dallas on Saturday and Sunday. I need to find time to help Marcy clean up the guest house, aka my new humble abode.



Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...




Savannah and I at the Christmas parade in what I believe would have been 2006. She was psycho over candy canes and yelled "CANNIES" though the whole thing.

1 comments:

Christina said...

I love that picture! That was going to be my retro wed. pic.
I think it was 2006. Mark and I were at our supper club dinner party in Shreveport.
Savannah had so much fun that night and she has been in love with candy canes ever since!