Thursday, December 11, 2008

Loving the Season

With school finished I'm having some time to finally get into the spirit of the season. Yesterday at work I only had our three girls stay until craft time and we finger painted giant Christmas trees to work on decorating the rest of this week and next. They had a great time and are so excited about our project. Today I brought all of my favorite children's Christmas books for us to start reading. The kids are all tucked in extra tight and napping in preparation of our exciting afternoon. I'm trying to not miss a moment and take it all in since this is my last Trinity Christmas. Speaking of taking it in, oh what a fabulous lunch we had today! Our cleaning lady prepared an authentic Mexican feast as a Christmas gift to us. We had tortillas, mole, rice, beans, guac, hot sauce, and some taquito things. It was all out of this world and homemade of course. We don't have the opportunity to visit with her a lot and she probably doesn't know much about us but I'm sure she could tell by the ever increasing size of our waist lines that a meal was the way to our hearts. Mrs. Silvia is truly a blessing.

Last night I had the pleasure of spending the evening with the Trueloves. The weather was nasty when Jennifer brought Cate to me at the preschool and we grabbed Maggie from her class and went to pick up Walt and go home. Despite the cold everybody was in happy spirits and we got home and ate a meal of gourmet fish sticks and Doritos before playing trains with Walt and cleaning up a slight slime mishap in the girls room. Jennifer got home and I got plenty of "bye bye meme" kisses and made the drive home to Elysian Fields. I've never been more relieved to be in my own bed.

Tonight Henry, Maggie, Cate and I are off to see the Budweiser Clydesdales. They come to town every other year for Wonderland and the parade. I've gone with my family every year they've come and it's slipped up on us this year and until Marcy mentioned it this morning I wasn't planning on going. The kids are excited and so am I.

I'm working Santa's Workshop again tomorrow night. Marcy seems to be raising quite a bit of money and I'm glad to be able to help her and CASA. My dad's company party is tomorrow night as well. My buddy Doug has been in charge of orchestrating the whole thing so I hope to be able to make an appearance there as well. My family has been so blessed in the past few years by Dad's job move. He had worked at his previous job my whole life and was constantly stressed about them not having enough work and the future of the company. He went to work for Lewis Engineering and it's truly been a blessing for the whole family.

Saturday night is the Christmas parade. It's a wonderful tradition for my family and for the last few years I've had friends and kids come with us too. This year I'll have Cass and Ada. I might see if Dad will take the truck down early enough to get us a good spot. It should be a good time.

I'm falling more in love with this time of year everyday. I'm so thankful for the family, friends and town God has given me to enjoy it all with.

1 comments:

Christina said...

We might come see you at Sanata's workshop. We are planning on coming up there tomorrow night.