Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Keeping the Spirit

Today started slow. I set my alarm so that I would have time to lounge around a little bit before getting ready for work. The lounging got out of hand a little bit and I ended up nearly running late, especially after I stopped at El Chico for a last minute gift card for my Secret Santa for the staff party tonight. Don't get me started on how long I think it should take to produce a gift card and how long it actually took the El Chico employees today.

Lunch is never good at work when I go into it frustrated. I don't know how many times I said "HURRY UP!" as children continued to fart around all over the room. When everyone finally got on their mats, I ended up turning Frosty off early and extending nap by a few minutes. I needed some time to get myself back together. It worked although I don't think anything short of three weeks will help much at this point. After work I visited with the Peteet's and picked up my lovely Christmas gift. After a quick run in Big Lots I headed to the party. It was good but I couldn't get home and into my pjs quick enough. Two more days of work and the true break begins. I'm trying to stay in good spirits and enjoy everything. My kid's tendency to tune out all words of instruction and take twice as long as usual to accomplish anything isn't helping. I'm trying.

I got a text from Kristen this afternoon asking for Rockette pics. As promised, here they are!

Opening

Toy soldiers. Mom's favorite

Christmas in NYC

Santas kept coming from everywhere and then they put them on the backdrop. My favorite

This nativity was absolutely beautiful! There were sheep, donkeys and camels, and children reading the Christmas story. So sweet.

0 comments: