Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Two Sleeps til Christmas!

Last night I had the best time with Cass and Ada. Conner ended up bailing on us and hanging out with grandma. We ate some pizza and cookies and watched Shrek the Halls and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

Cass has really impressed me lately. He's really acting like a first grader. The door bell rang while we were working on dinner and since I didn't know who it could be I asked him to walk with me out to see who was there. It turned out to be a relative dropping off a gift and when I closed the door he asked, "Why did you need me?" I said "Well I guess because I didn't know who it was and didn't want to go by myself. I needed you with me." He perked up. He felt so grown.

After we were stuffed with more pizza and cookies than I would usually allow, the three of us were cuddled up in the den. Cass turned and said, "It's two sleeps til Christmas!" Ada and I started cheering and clapping and Cass looked back at me and with the sweetest smile said, "Merry Christmas Miss Lee Ann." "Merry Christmas to you too Cass-man"

0 comments: