Monday, December 29, 2008

The Simple Woman's Daybook


For today, December 29, 2008

Outside me window...starry skies and crisp cold

I am thinking...what a day it's been! I love days when I wake in a totally different place from where you end up going to bed and I'm able to look back on a such a full day.

I am hoping...that the rest of the week is restful and productive

I am wearing...my Nick and Nora night gown. I've never been a night gown kind of girl and would laugh at Chelsea last year when she got into them. I got my first one this year and have become quite fond of it. While it is long sleeved it's not floor length like I remember my great grandma wearing when I was little. It is quite stylish as far as night gowns go I would have to say.

I am thankful for...the time we spent in Abilene this weekend. Although that drive gets old, it's always worth it.

From the kitchen...Mom and Dad fixed some venison fajitas tonight. I went out for dinner so did not join them but the remnants are still on the counter. Everything else is all cleaned up.

I am creating... some storage solutions. My closet is a mess and I absolutely must get some things packed up and stored away else where before I move this weekend.

I am reading... ETBU Student Teaching Handbook. I will start it tomorrow.

I am hearing...Mystery Diagnosis on TV. Mom and I love to watch these shows and try to diagnose everyones ailments. When it's very obvious and we're right we feel really smart. My guess for this guy is West Nile Virus.

Around the house...Things have quieted down in the past few minutes since Dad has gone to bed. He's spent the evening telling us every detail of his weekend duck hunting trip. Lydia is babysitting and the cat and dog are resting.

One of my favorite things...nights out with girlfriends. I went out with Deanna tonight for the first time in way too long. We ate Mexican food, I took her to see the back house, picked up some things from Wal Mart and visited a lot. I love nights like that.

A few plans for the rest of the week... Mom and I are staying home together tomorrow. I plan to do some cleaning, packing, etc. Tomorrow night I'm keeping the Trueloves and then Wednesday night the Roths and Trueloves together. Thursday more time at home before starting the move to the back house over the weekend.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...

Lydia sitting in my lap in what is probably Christmas of 1993. The side pony tail accompanied by the large bow is a signature look of mine from those days.

0 comments: